One of the agents I queried required a query (what a mouthful) follow a very specific format, so I found myself copy and pasting lines from my synopsis.

After reading and re-reading the query, to ensure it ticked all the boxes, I realized this letter sounded better than my synopsis. Therefore, I was soon copy and pasting lines from my letter into my synopsis.

I deleted a few words. Then I deleted a few more.

Feeling like I was at the controls of a power juicer, I watched pulp fly from my synopsis as it went from 477 to 456, ultimately resting at 282 words.

I look back at that first synopsis and shudder.

Apologies for all the juice analogies.

Leave a Reply